VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start 2009 tdi and all the warning lights were flashing.Disconnected the battery for over a minute -same thing Please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Using the fob starts the brake lights flashing using the key to try to start the car the warning lights on the dash blink but the car will not turn over and no headlights. Should Itry to jump start it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can not get out of park

Can not get trans out of park to move it to get access to try to jump start it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Is it clicking or is there a loud click when you try to start it? If so it could be a bad battery. Were the headlights left on?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
posts merged

This is a tough one, other than a bad battery I'm not sure what could have caused it.

The can't get out of park could be a faulty brake light switch. If it doesn't know you are stepping on the brake pedal the car won't unlock the shifter to move it out of park. However, I'm pretty sure you should be able to start even if you aren't stepping on the brakes. I could be mistaken.

Any more details on what warning lights come on? There should be detail in the owner's manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts