VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find videos for the golf that have the big black box (with a battery that goes bad) inside the right fender, but not for this car.

I think the right siren is 5c0951115.

It looks like just a horn, no battery or anything thats likely to go bad, but mine's not working.

All my doors lock, the red door alarm led's blink, the signal lights flash on lock and if I open the doors with the alarm enabled. But no beep on enabling, disabling, or when doors are opened with alarm enabled.

Where is this exactly and is there a walk through to replace it somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

I don't know on the Jetta my Golf alarm siren in under the drivers side wing/fender, its. just a black box.

Alarm Horn (H8)
Alarm Horn (H12)
Alarm Horn Relay (J641) 53
Siren System Relay (J408)

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/ keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. As it will save me checking ETKA, which isn't working with the new 8.2 version

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts