VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The airbags on the VW Jetta will have a service action 97u3/t3 inspect front seat side impact airbag connectors and install wiring harness kit, I got the letter below today.

I've had the airbag light come on for no reason by itself before, clearing the code resulted in it never coming back again. However, there may be cases where the wiring is bad and it appears the corrective action mentioned in the letter will fix it. The free repair lasts until Jan 14, 2013.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks, I'll be waiting for this in the mail and see what the dealer has to say about it. The key word in the title is: if necessary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VW Jetta 2005/2.5 Door Harness defective.

I have had so many problems with the door harness in my Jetta, and the dealer and the VW of America has not been able to assist me arguing that the cuases of the problem are wear and tear.
I have shown them this video, your post and they are still not helping me at all.
Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit going on? This Door harness issues were resolve by Jean Pierre, [email protected] , lawyer in Canada, which by the way he still settleting cases.
Anyone in the USA with the same issues or more information, please email me at [email protected]
Thank you!

http://youtu.be/p1eQ5XL-zPM

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
The airbags on the VW Jetta will have a service action 97u3/t3 inspect front seat side impact airbag connectors and install wiring harness kit, I got the letter below today.

I've had the airbag light come on for no reason by itself before, clearing the code resulted in it never coming back again. However, there may be cases where the wiring is bad and it appears the corrective action mentioned in the letter will fix it. The free repair lasts until Jan 14, 2013.

Do you know what build dates are affected? I just got my change of ownership registered with VWoA so I don't know if I'll get this letter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do not think that the recall has anything to do with the wiring harness in the door. The wiring they are talking about is under the seat, and all they do is remove the plug that connects the wiring harness in the seat to ones in the car and solder them together. It sounds very high strung in their letter, but is not much at all.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a DIY so you can fix it yourself.
I haven't done the TSB myself BUT he shows cutting the wire harness. If possible, I would rather depin the plug and put the pins into the new style plug so no wires are cut. You just need some filed down paper clips or the a pin terminal release tool to release the hooks on the pin ends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts