VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across and issue with my ac . Recently i changed my alternator and was wondering if that could make it burn out or somthing . The air still comes out with the same force it is just not cold i live in Florida so this is a problem . If anyone could give me a extensive responce it would be apprieciated or recommend a place i could get it tested with out paying 50 dollars it would be nice. I got no problem getting my hands dirty but since this is my first tdi and I am learning to do morethan just basic mechaical stuff by teaching myself some forgivness for stuped questions or advanced help would be much apprieciated .

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
The only thing I can possibly think is that your A/C compressor isn't tight enough on the serpentine belt. I'd check 2 things: first, is your serpentine belt properly tensioned with the tensioner? Second, is the nut tight on your A/C compressor pulley? There is a writeup on this site that mentions it is somewhat common for the large nut on the A/C pulley to come loose. Other than that if you have A/C problems, that is very odd.

Does your radiator fan come on as soon as you turn on the A/C?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

ok just checked no fan does not come on when i turn on ac second i did loosen the bolt on the ac compessor pulley i will check that first lastly i can not find the valves on the ac hose to check ac pressure any idea the locations of those

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There is no sight glass on the system. To test it you're supposed to disconnect the cooling fan and rear the high pressure with a gauge. There's a high pressure switch and the service valve along the lines going to the firewall. Look on the passenger side and follow the line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i figured the prob

OK bolt on ac compessor clucth is not the i think the clutch came of also is there a pllace i can buy thi without buying new compressor i need just clutch and bolt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts