VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't checked much so can only report that when I press the a/c switch on my Mk4 Jetta TDI nothing happens, the switch doesn't even light up, no load noted on the engine either. Looked for a fuse but couldn't find it listed in the fuse box on the side of the dash. Perhaps there's a relay box somewhere but I didn't see it listed in the owner's manual.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Is there fuses on top of your battery? I know a lot of the vag cars have them there, usually big ones, would the aircon come up with vagcom/vcds I wonder. If I find anything on the fuse location I'll post back here.:)

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
I've just had a look at the Autodata fuse and relay diagrams and nothing is listed for AC in any of the 4 fuse boxes/relay boxes. Engine bay 1 - type 1, Engine bay 1 - type 2, Engine bay 2 and Engine bay 3.

In the component location it shows

AC control module - in heater controls
AC sunlight sensor - on top of dash
AC blower speed resistor - near blower motor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did check for fuses atop the battery. All looked good. Now I'm checking the resistor pack on the heater fan which only works in the #4 position. I've heard that it must be working in all positions for the a/c to work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard that the a/c won't work if the heater fan resistor is inop. At this time heater fan only works in the #4 position. Perhaps if I can get the resistor fixed or replaced and the heater fan working in all 4 positions my a/c may return. Hopefully before summer kicks in here in Virginia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts