VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a used head from what I was told a good running engine. Car ran fine for about 15 min. Then sporadic rough idle. I thought injector issue. So ran engine with valve cover off. I saw quite amount of oil almost shooting up from #10 headbolt. Since oil looks under pressure. I don't feel it is from blow by into head bolt "hole".
Could the leak be from the cam cap. Or cam journal. Sorry. I haven't seen actual Male for the metal block that supports the cam and its bearing.
So any ideas it this is due to faulty head gasket, head bolt, or cam hardware.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I found the issue. There is a small cap on the rocker shaft tubes on the inside edges. There is about an half inch gap between the 2 assemblies. It looks like a 1.4 inch silver "tube" is between the 2 tubes. I think one of these popped out and is lodges between the 2 tubes. Can I use the tube - rocker assembly from the older head onto the newer head. Or do I need to purchase a new tube assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the guy in the middle of the 2 rocker tube assembly's one of the end caps stuck there. If so. This just happened and I caught it before excessive camshaft assembly wear

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,220 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts