VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charged the battery a bit and after connecting all the hoses, started the TDI (2005 jetta) today and it ran well for a few minutes twice, but then it wouldn't rev and a lot of smoke started coming out. In fact, if I didn't turn it off it probably would have stalled. My OBD said, the P101 code or the mass air flow.
I should give some detail. The car has been sitting a while, but I don't think there is bad diesel/stale.
Maybe I am missing a wire connection, and I can take the MAF apart. That wont be too bad.
I tried to clean all the oil/soot in the EGR, and manifold, and I wonder if I damaged something.
I should probably have a VAG com check, but I can't drive this any where.
Between this, smashing my finger taking the wife's trans drain bolt out, my dog's 750 vet bill, 500+ for the cam, and winter fully here and I can only be outside on the car ever so often. It's been awesome. Ugg.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,382 Posts
My OBD said, the P101 code or the mass air flow
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

There is a number missing of that P101 EODB II error code

OBD scanner is no good for posting error codes as they give wrong codes and false results.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts