VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having lurked at myturbodiesel for the last year, I figured it is time to join the fray. My wife has been making noises for several months about buying a NEW car, a Vdub, and a diesel at that! Her previous, an 02 Burb 17mpg; mine - 88 Tbird turbocoupe, 29mpg & POWER.
So, I found a great deal on an 04 DSG wagon in northern Ohio and now am the proud owner:D. 140k, tranny replaced 2 years ago by VW, all reg maint documented (most at dealer).
First tank doesn't count @ 36, just my starting point. next was 40.8, 41.7, then 39.7 yesterday (let the wife drive it for a week, sigh:dunno).
Just had the sunroof and glow plugs recalls done this week. I am looking forward to making the mods, tweaks and adjustments to obtaining bragging rights among these elite vw knights:nana2:.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
A 2004 Jetta or Golf should have a regular automatic transmission. Only the New Beetle TDI got the DSG. Was it a beetle? Check out the new owner's guide and maintenance checklist for some other handy stuff to know as well.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, you're right, not a NB. I was reviewing the 2011 sportwagen brochure as I was posting. Multi-tasking fail.
And having been dancing around the edges for the last year, I observe that you do a great job, Thanks.
Oh, and it was the funny fuel station stories that got me started. It took a few months to get through all those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts