VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have seen people adding a Fog light kit to their Jetta's;
I have a 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI.

How do I know if I have a Highline central electric module (CECM)?

Also - what is the difference between 'Projector' and non projector fog lights?

I also wanted to add a grill kit (Wolfsburg Edition) and marker lights.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Here's the writeup on how to do it and some ways to check if you have a highline module:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/foglight-install-Jetta.htm

Here is your CECM part number: 5k0 937 085 g (5k0937085g). I knew I took those screenshots for a reason :) Post a question in the VCDS section in the general forum and someone at ross tech should be able to tell you if that part number is a highline or midline. I've also seen this part number on 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. My guess is that it's a highline because you had check boxes for "front foglights installed". Attached is a screenshot of your CECM coding, it should help answer your question.

EDIT: I just realized that you are Marc TDI, this screenshot is from Mac TDI.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Chitty!
Only issue with your car is going to be the fact you have cold weather package and most likely a heater plug right in the right bumper vent. Most of the fog light kits have grills that do not have space for the plug on the grill anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
projector fogs use a projector lens design.. non-projector fogs use a reflector lens design. Wikipedia actually has a pretty good write up on the topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Optical_systems

the greatest advantages a projector lens has over a reflector design are:
-allows a smaller lens for a similar amount of light as a larger reflector lens
-or, allows for more light from a similarly sized reflector lens.

in other words, it's a more efficient design. Both the projector & non-projector mk5 fogs are the same size, so, theoretically the projector fogs can output a little more light.. and they look better, in my opinion :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts