VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding an amp to improve sound quality of a 2010 Jetta.

Does anyone know the peak power the OE speakers can handle? I know a lot of folks have added in the Dynaudio amp without upgrading the speakers and gotten great sound so I know the speakers must be pretty good. I'd rather by an amp that outputs the wattage that the speakers can handle - no more, no less.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The thing is as long as you go for a good quality amp it wont matter so much about what the speakers can handle, it's the quality of the signal the amp can put out without pushing itself hard that really makes a big difference. No idea how you'd find out what their peak handling is though.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seatman. Any specific recomendations? Have you installed aftermarket amp with factory speakers?

The wattage the OE speakers can handle should be printed somewhere on the label on the speaker. I was hoping someone else may have noticed this when they swapped out speakers. If no one has noticed this I may pop the panels off myself and take a look - I'd rather not do this though if someone else has already done this.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I don't know what's available to you or what to recommend but regarding the stock speakers you might find they have nothing useful printed on them.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the Jetta comes with a 10 speaker system - in the front, you have 6 (2 tweets, 2 mids, and 2 subwooders, all in the doors). In the rear you have 4 speakers, (apparently 2 mids and 2 woofers, also in the doors).

Should I go 4 channel amp or 5 channel? Are the woofers considered a "sub-woofer" and thus require the 5th channel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts