VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this FedEx envelope from Audi today. They've changed their maintenance schedule for the A3 TDI. In the original manual, they specified replacing the fuel filter at 55K and 115K miles.

The addendum is a single sheet that you stick into the owner's manual, and specifies that the fuel filter should be replaced at 15K miles and every 20K miles thereafter. Quite a difference from the old schedule -- I wonder if this is their way of addressing the HPFP issues of the CBEA engine.

I'm at 7500 miles now, having had my A3 6.5 months, so I expect to hit 15K in Q1 2011. I'm tempted to take a look at the fuel filter before then, but I don't have much in the way of tools, and from what I've read on other forums, the process for inspecting/replacing the fuel filter is a bit more fiddly than I'd like to handle while the warranty and my AudiCare package are still in effect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2010 A3 TDI and no FedEx letter for me yet.

I was expecting something from Audi about the service schedule - my son's '10 Jetta TDI servce schedule is every 10,000 miles whereas the dealer told me to bring it back at 5,000.

We also own a '10 Prius and Toyota recently changed the service schedule to 10,000 miles. As we had bought it when the schedule said 5000, I took it back in for the planned oil change then anyhow, and the duly did the originally scheduled service without quibbling.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Very strange, thanks for the heads up. Maybe it was a mistake and it was for the gas engine? Or did it originally say that 55k?

Inspecting the fuel filter is easy. A few torx bolts and just lift the cover. If you do, please take pics because I'd like to see how the inside of the filter cap and filter looks like. I took a pic of an A3 TDI fuel filter housing and it's in the fuel filter change article but I don't know exactly what the filter cap style is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sure but how would it effect the warranty if there was a problem? It shouldn't cause any problems but I could see the dealer using this an an excuse to deny any claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts