VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 09’ Touareg TDI two months ago. Dealer performed emissions recall a month prior to my purchase. We have put around 4,000 miles on since recall. AdBlue 100 miles until no start warning came on. I filled the DEF tank and could not get the warning to reset. Called dealer, said I had to bring in to their (VW) shop to get reset once 100 no start warning. 1.) Shouldn’t the dealer have filled the DEF tank during recall? Therefore I shouldn’t have low AdBlue warning this early. 2.) As per owner’s manual, I should have gotten a 1500 then a 500 mile to no start warning prior to the 100 mile (first and only warning). Why only the warning once you HAVE to take it to the dealer? 3.) How many miles is everyone getting out of a full DEF tank? I haven’t even towed my camper yet so my 4,000 miles are all city/hwy miles with no towing. Service Manager says they put two bottles/$40.00 worth in. The one service report that I have (very basic) does not list any. I’m trying to find out if he is trying to cheat me? 4.) The dealer cannot clear the code either. The head VW diesel gurus told them to replace the whole AdBlue system (tank, fluid, lines, sensors and injectors) under warranty. Does ANY of this seem at all typical of what I should expect? Also now worried about the 2012 Passat TDI I bought a week before the Touareg. Will definitely be checking it’s AdBlue level.

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

If the dealer can't clear the codes with the equipment they have plus the technical updates that doesn't sound good. What error codes are showing?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts