VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice. Ad blue got to lowest critical level it has ever been during our ownership on recent roadtrip.

The mileage remaining indicator for ad blue was extremely inaccurate. We left for 240 mile round trip road trip with the mileage remaining at 600 miles. At about 80 miles into the trip the ad blue mileage indicator dropped to 150 miles remaining. We stopped at the diesel stop and i filled 1 gallon of iso 22241-1 compliant peak blue def. The computer didnt reset and mileage remaining before restart remained unchanged. We made it home but on the way home we hit the no restart limit.

Fast forward. Take it to the dealer to refil ad blue. There is a "P2BA700 - NOx Exceedence - Empty Reagent Tank" code, not throwing check engine light but it is stored. Dealer tells me the ad blue systen is contaminated and due to the sensitivity of the system, both pumps and injector must be replaced and the tank cleaned and lines flushed. They pulled two samples from ad blue tank one from middle and from bottom and provided me this picture(ad blue is basically clear)

Audi warranty has denied the warranty repair due to contamination from outside source. I have opened a case with audi usa customer service to appeal the decision and investigate further.

Problem i have with the whole situation, audi completed a diesel modification procedure and resold the vehicle onto the market with a pre-contaminated system. As i am 100% sure during my ownership the system has not been contaminated as it came direct from audi usa into the auction into the driveway of the dealer that got it for me into my possesion.

The cause for the fault this time i assume the ad blue system was never allowed to get to the lowest critical point and as such never contaminated the system to this level.

I am appealing with audi and hope for the best that they just cover the repair under warranty. Should this not pan out what options do i have?

Replacing the entire system and all components or deleting the system are not options i am willing to entertain at this point.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Screenshot_20200702-080725_Photos.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts