VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the part number for the Tensioner Unit (Pulley) on the AC belt side of the 05 Passat TDI? Mine has some grumble in it and I would like to err on the side of caution and I can not find a parts teardown or correct descripton for this part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't notice a dampener on the small AC Belt side. This is the tensioner that requires a 17mm wrench with some downforce to tighten the AC belt and then tighten the cap head allen screw to hold the tensioner in place. It is the pulley on this that is growling.

(actually I think I found what I am looking for)

http://www.westportparts.com/058260511Tensioner.htm

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
UGH...I do not suggest that you buy that part. I purchased a simple part from that seller before and it was crap. I returned it and he never credited me. He sells mostly China copies and flat out lies about fitment. People have purchased turbos which are not direct fit (he claimed that they were), and intake manifolds with misaligned bolt holes. He also has identical poorly made sites which all sell the same stuff.

Your part may be 038 145 283 a or 038 145 299 a .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I don't trust a site that has no phone number to call. Thanks for the input. 46 bucks for a set of glow plugs? There is something crazy going on. Plus he has 2 sites that are similar and very poorly laid out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts