VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 2 new AC Delco window regulators for my 96 Passat. Installed the first one on the drivers door, it lasted 2 cycles up & down with the window before the 3 tack welds that hold the support arms together failed. Inspecting the weld joint closer showed rust beneath the welds.

I got these from Rock Auto & there are both going back...wish me luck with that please!

FYI I repaired the original regulators from info gathered here...we'll see how long it last.

I am convinced that the Main Auto makers have gathered into a conspiracy that does not allow us to purchase replacement parts for any vehicle that is worth a chit anymore. Dam Crooks!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
FWIW the Meyle and Dorman regulators don't seem super hot either.The Dorman brand which were available through Rock Auto four months ago for $45 have a lifetime warranty and supposedly some sort of improvements (I didn't see them). It is working fine in my driver's door and I plan to replace my failing passenger side with a Dorman as well. The Meyle seem to last 70k miles or 3 years which ever is least convenient.

-Ben

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Can you guys not get regulator repair kits off ebay? I got one for the drivers door, it comes with clips and cables, pretty easy to fit if you remember how it came apart but it's lasted at least a year now with no complaints and I use my window a lot.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts