VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can buy a ac compressor clutch without buying the compressor mine came off some how because the bolt came off the inside of the pulley is now a half inch hollow

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
yes.

1j0 298 012 is the "attachment parts". I think it's a nut and key.

1j0 820 811 m is the clutch. Please check with your parts seller to confirm that these parts will work on your car before buying them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

hey i am not 100 percent sure its the clutch i know the inside of the pulley is missing . Is that the clutch its the cilinder part that makes turn the compressor i think it had 3 bolts in the points of a triangle with flat bars extending to the center screw if i had a pic i could identify it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok i found the same problem here ac clutch plate fell off - TDIClub Forums but i do not have plate does anyone know if i can buy plate or it comes with 1j0 298 012
My clutch came apart also, looks like the screws came out of the magnetic coil and the coil contacted the clutch and its now in need of replacement. I went to the dealer and they do not service just the clutch assembly, and none of the parts retailers do either. They all want to sell the enitire compressor. I am an old time mechanic, I replace worn parts not assembly's.
Were you able to source just the clutch assembly? I guess I need the coil behind the pulley assembly too. Please advise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts