VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty cool car, I am so jealous that we can't get this car here! I would love to take one for a ride.

Hopefully when the v6 TDI gets here...if it gets here, we can see something similar.

KEMPTEN, Germany — Abt Sportsline has worked some additional muscle into the Audi A5 3.0 TDI.

The turbodiesel engine in the Abt AS5 has been massaged to return 300 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. The 0-60-mph run takes less than 5.3 seconds, and top speed peaks at 164 mph.

Abt complements the engine modifications with enhancements to suspension and brakes, plus its own 20-inch BR alloy wheels.

The AS5 features a two-tone paint scheme and such aero add-ons as a front skirt, gill-shaped air inlets, a rear spoiler and a rear apron with integral diffuser.

Inside, you'll find a multifunction sport steering wheel trimmed in leather, as well as aluminum pedals and shift knob.

What this means to you: Subtle but impressive upgrades to Audi's handsome coupe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Very cool!

But what is the fuel economy??

I wonder what kind of engine modification they do? Probably just a chip. If you added fueling and a chip and a bigger turbo onto a v6, :cool: yeah...

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Great......(waiting for an Audi TDI to show up in North America)....

Honestly, if they did what MB did and price the diesel $1000 above the gas, they will sell a ton.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Well the A5 costs at least $45,000, a diesel one might cost $55,000 when fully loaded with all the options. That's pretty expensive, I don't see how they can sell a lot of $55,000 cars since most cars sold are cheaper cars, $15-35,000.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Now that's what I want ---dreaming---, very sexy car!

I know that they have an S5 with a V8 and a stiffer suspension, if they had an S5 with a TDI engine in it, I wouldn't be surprised if it had more torque than their V8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts