VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a way to test an abs sensor? I'm hoping I can just check the resistance with an ohmeter as I have a fault for the right front sensor and want to check if it's needing replaced or if I need to check the wiring. Thanks:)

·
Super Moderator
9,403 Posts
Yes you can check the resistance with an Ohmmeter but to test it properly you would need an osilloscope to test the reluctor teeth haven't corroded and fell off.

VCDS will scope it for you as you drive around (obviously a passenger operating the laptop). Plus you can check all four at the same time to see if there is any difference between them. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It occurred to me today that I could just check the resistance betwween the left and right sensor. Fortunately for me my reluctor rings are a better design and sit horizontally on the back of the disc and are some sort of alloy, they also don't have the same issue of corroding and splitting. Cheers:)

·
Super Moderator
9,403 Posts
So do you have an ABS fault or are you just exploring? Do you have VCDS or are you thinking of getting a clone lead?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My front right sensor has thrown a code, the abs has been playing up all winter so I got a friend to scan it. He cleared some old codes, checked my timing and I also got the info on which ecu I have in order to look into the tuning options:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts