VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed there are a few others doing this as well. It's my first on the TDI, and after doing some research, myturbodiesel has been more in depth than any other by far! I had been wondering where to get the timing belt, and what choice would be best. The directions clearly lay out all of this, as well as tools needed for the job, and many, many detailed pictures. Looks like I'll be a long time member!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Thanks! Really, any of the linked vendors from the writeup sell good parts. You could try the sponsor kermatdi.com.

Beware of ebay parts or parts priced very low online. The linked vendors may sell parts that are made by the same people who make the official VW parts. Very cheap ebay parts aren't.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the tip. I will try them out. Checked out the area on Manual transmission fluid change. I have an 06 Jetta TDI with 106K miles and am doing the run through on what overhaul jobs I need to be getting on. For now, looks like water pump, timing belt, transmission fluid, and brake fluid. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've done the regular maintenance(air, fuel, pollen,and oil) myself at regular intervals. By the way, Great Forum!! Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts