VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
My wife has a 2005 model year Jetta TDI that was made in 08 of '04 in Mexico.
She's driving me to an early grave not telling me where she's at in mileage & maintenance, and here we are at nearly 102k miles & original serpentine belt & timing belt! She says not to put bad energy into it, but I'm really stressing on this one.
jaw drops

The help I need is:
1. What engine is this, for sure? The VIN look-up didn't say. The vin is 3VWSR69M95M035659. I see a BEW 038 109 number next to a bar code I can't read on a black cover on passenger side, top of the engine.
2. Is it possible to rent tools to do the timing belt work by this Saturday June 4 from any reputable source?

Thank you!
Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, Let's Do This Thing!

Hey CCBB that's awesome news!

I see we can do the transaction via paypal, and I appreciate your help here. Being a first timer, I suspect I should avail myself of every tool as it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. So to be clear, please confirm that I will thus need:
1. 2004-2006 Pumpe duse engine, Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat (BHW, BRM, BEW) & please also confirm you have enough information to know which of the 10050 or 10100 to send me. $28 + $30 deposit + ship
2. Counterholder bar: $10 + $40 deposit + ship
3. 2004-2006 PD camshaft tool rental: $30 + $100 deposit + ship

Since we live in rural AZ, and our postal carrier is a world class flake, so I'd happily pay for UPS shipping, and hope it is no inconvenience for you.

I have sent you an email to the paypal email address.
Thanks again,
Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts