VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have petrol a6 and want to get a diesel passat and transplant the diesel engine into it. going to do it no matter what. thing i want to know is, the a6 is automatic box and what would happen if you only changed the engines would the auto box bolt on to the diesel. And what sort of mods ecu wise am i looking at do i take the ecu out of the doner car with wiring harness. and will the torque converter of the 1.8 fit the 1.9 crank

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Sounds like a challenge, I suppose audi must have an a6 diesel automatic so it must be possible but I've no idea. What car are you getting the alh engine from?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I was just asking because some guy on another site was asking about what cars we have over here with the alh engine. Did you find any info for the transplant yet?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
That could save a lot of hassle. I wouldn't fancy trying to wire in the ecu etc.:eek I would've thought the gearbox fitting would be fine but I'd imagine the ratios for the petrol and diesel would be different. I wonder how that'd work with it being an automatic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know in the A4 with the 1.8t the nose, or rather tail (flywheel end) of the crankshaft is different in length and pilot bushing hole diameter. The manual trans crank sticks out further and the bushing hole is different too. You could probably carefully grind it down and have a bushing spun out at a machine shop to fit.

I do not know for certain if the ALH dimensions are different from the gasser, but I bet not since they are mated to similar transmissions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts