VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i couldnt believe the power difference between my a4 1.9tdi(remapped) and a mates ford mondeo 2.0tdci.
his was so much more powerfull.
ive had a few audi tdi's now,this is well low on power.it seems there is very little turbo pressure.
so as it stands,
remap,maf and map sensors and egr valve replaced(all orriginal parts),manifolds cleaned,pressure test on hoses.
also had on Ross tech VCDS,with no fault codes coming up.
im sure some one out there will be able to help me.......please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
r.e

thanks for the reply.
already done mate.
been reading through some threads,theres some great advice here.
its going to take a few days to get threw this lot.
hopefully i dont have to strip the turbo down.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
What's the bhp on the mondeo? I remember the 1.8tdci was pretty fast and it was only rated at 130bhp so I imagine the mondeo's pretty quick anyway, it would be better to compare your audi to another audi.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh i was reading on about the actuator last night,thanks ill give that ago today.
im sure the mondeo is a 130bhp.
i had a new clutch put in mine,omg that hurt my wallet,the fitter said it was running low on power to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actuator moving up and down by VCDS-Lite test,along with all other valves.
does anyone know the value of all the groups/valves in the messuring blocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after tdays lesson on dismantling the turbo.
very dirty hands,but i was very suprised how clean the veins and the turbo was,a bit of carbon build up,but nothing to what ive seen on here.
already to go back on tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
While you're at it you could try replacing all the vacuum lines as the pipe needed is pretty cheap, I think it's 3mm bore. The only down side of a remap is it can hide faults and stop them from causing things like limp mode etc so it can be trickier to diagnose.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on your advice seatman,the hoses are done.
ive also serviced it.
so,when i took it out for a test drive,both heavy footing it and motorway miles i averaged 51mpg....bonus.
but i also noticed that some days its up at 48mpg then other days down to 41mpg?????????
when i tested the mass and pressure sensor i wiggled the cables,this didnt give any difference on the graph.
is there a second pressure sensor on the a4 tdi avf engines?

ps.thanks for the input so far.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but there is usually only 1 pressure sensor if it's like our engines in NA. It's usually next to the intercooler or on the boost hose before the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Yeh I've never seen two on any tdi cars over here either, is the power any better? and don't rely totally on the digital meter, just keep an eye on how much fuel you're puting in and work out your average from that. I can bet mine changes but I know that I average 50mpg's from working out what I put in and how many miles I do.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts