VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for a write up on A Pillar take apart,,could not find it,, I just want to ask, if anyone has tried to take apart the A pillar to install a dual pod? I got to install a boost gauge and Oil pressure gauge on the A pillar and I do not want mess everything up there, I believe that my 99.5 Golf TDI has no air bags in there. thanks ahead for any replies.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I've tried liquid filled gauges in an attempt to dampen the movement and avoid the expense of electronic sender gauges.

When I got the gauge, the liquid wasn't filled all the way to the top, there's an noticeable air bubble that is there for when you have to zero the gauge. If I had to do it over, I would get a cheap bourdain movemet gauge and just put a restrictor on it to avoid the boost needle bouncing around.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Just be careful of the clips.

Some people put an adjustable restrictor on the air line since you can control the dampening. I didn't, I just put an aquarium filter on hthe vacuum line and it solved the boost needle shaking. I haven't heard of liquid pooled in the gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts