VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been a happy owner of a 1995 jetta for a while and now want a 1999 2.0l gasser thats at the tow yard were i work. this car was abandonned at a property we impound cars from and had been there long enough to make impressions in the asphalt!! now, knowing that, id say somethings wrong with it. and since i dont have the key, i need to know if its worth spending some money on it. so there a few things i need, before i do . the first is,

1.how to tell, without the key, does it have the "chip" key.

2. if it does, how to bypass immo 1 or 2.

3. any advice on this model i've heard some not nice things about the 1999-2001.

i have the wire codes and general know how on how to by-pass the key cylinder. and i have a bit of talent in 12volt wiring. (TDI as soon as i can)gas 4 now

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi, welcometomyturbodies
If it's sat for that long it's going to take a lot more to get it up and running I would've thought because the brakes will need replaced, the ball joints will all start to knock, the bushes will all go too. I find one of the worst things for a car is being left sitting for a long time. But good luck anyway if you decide to go for it.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts