VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
First post! Just picked up my 2012 golf highline TDI. she's black. I'll post an intro thread, but I have something I need solved ASAP. I have an iPhone 4. Paired no problems. BUT, when I get a text, I get no audio alert. Shouldn't the beep come thru the speakers, or at least thru the phone?!?!?

Please tell me theres a solution to this!!!

Thanks a bunch. Pics and intro coming tomorrow. Been a long time lurker!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Moto Droid Bionic

There appears to be an issue with my phone book syncing up but I haven't drilled into the issue very hard. I get a quick pop up on the phone that the car is looking for permission to access the phone book but it disappears before I can react to it. This is likely in the phone settings. I will plug away at it and get back to you all. Matt

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
samsung captivate with Adroid 2.3 Gingerbread, all BT works prefectly including phone book, dialing and audio streaming through Pandora, YouTube etc

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Samsung Epic 4g Galaxy. Connects then drops off Bluetooth after turning off ignition. I have to turn off BT on phone, then re-pair.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
The 9W7/RNS-315 in my '11 Golf TDI pairs with my new TracFone LG220C, and will make/receive calls using the voice system in the car, but it will not access the phone book in the phone. I have to aurally tell the system the actual phone number before it will make the call. Major bummer. The 9W7/RNS-315 has no problem achieving full function with my 7-year-old Verizon Motorola V710, phone book included...yet it fails with the much newer LG220C? Go figure. Meanwhile, both of these phones work perfectly in my '09 Challenger, which has the latest software installed. I would have thought that the 9W7, being the newer system, would have had no problem with the newer LG220C...

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
LG Optimus Fails to Sync Phonebook, missed calls, etc...

I just picked up my 2012 Golf and while calls work fine there is no syncing of the phonebook, missed calls or anything else. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Bluetooth not recognizing text to speak on phone

I have a HTC Sensation 4G (T-Mobile) with Android 2.3.4 The bluetooth is all synched, phonebook etc, answers calls (wish could change the ring tone) but an app I have which reads my text messages out loud is not being pushed thru the BT to the sound system and the BT disables the speaker phone so I hear nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I received a class action settlement claim form in the mail today.

It's called Christensen, et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. and alleges "VWGoA's advertising and product descriptions misrepresented characteristics of the Bluetooth system in Settlement Class Vehicles."

I'll scan it and post it up next week if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Basically, it appears that they want to reimburse those of us that upgraded by ourselves and are offering an upgrade to those still dealing with the 9W2 unit.

Note this is a proposed settlement, so YMMV.

More to follow.

https://christensensettlement.com/

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I received a class action settlement claim form in the mail today.....
I did too. I have been reading and re-reading the forms sent in the mail. I'm hopeful the settlement will be approved by the court. When I bought my 2010, I really was under the impression from my research, before purchase, that more bluetooth features would work. Then I found out that 2010 Golf TDI owners got the limited 9w2 Bluetooth module.

Since my purchase, I have considered buying a 9w7, just to get the Bluetooth features I thought I was originally buying. Well I may not have to make that purchase if the court approves the settlement on Feb. 22nd.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Since my purchase, I have considered buying a 9w7, just to get the Bluetooth features I thought I was originally buying. Well I may not have to make that purchase if the court approves the settlement on Feb. 22nd.
FYI, note the cutoff date for qualifying purchases. IMHO, worth it to buy a 9w7 before the cutoff since it's such an easy swap, you want the features anyways, old part has some resale, and VW may pay for it all.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
...and VW may pay for it all.
Thank you for the advice. Others may take it.

I personally am not willing to bet on the settlement being approved. I know it seems like a sure-thing, since the plaintiffs and VWOA agree on the settlement. It still has to be approved. I am not sure the judicial system will not generate some kind of bureaucratic bump, as slim as that might be, that would delay the whole settlement/reimbursement process.
I have more patience than money.:D
I've been using the limited functionality of the 9w2 since January 2010, I can wait a little bit longer.
I will look forward to the news on February 22nd.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Yeah, just went through my "Enhanced Bluetooth hands-free capabiliy" booklet. Talks about voice commands and such. I have the buttons but not the functionality in my 2010 JSW.

As long as I can stream Spotify to the radio via Bluetooth; I'm happy. Voice commands would be a safer way to call though.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
FYI, note the cutoff date for qualifying purchases. IMHO, worth it to buy a 9w7 before the cutoff since it's such an easy swap, you want the features anyways, old part has some resale, and VW may pay for it all.
Seems we have until Jan 12 to decide to acquire a 9w7 or wait for the VW solution= a "mobile telephone integration plus upgrade" - part number 000-051-473-J. I can't find any info on what this "upgrade" actually is (does it have features as good as 9w7?). I've seen some similar part numbers (with different letters at the end) point to a ghastly add-on pod which doesn't seem to integrate with MFDs or the 510 nav. Wouldn't want that! Anyone know what this part ("J") actually is?

Of course, my local VW service is clueless about the whole thing. They don't even know what a 9w7 is, but it's apparently out of stock, and they wouldn't want to install one in a car where "it doesn't belong."

Any suggestions are appreciated - limited time to act. Also unsure where to get a 9w7 these days.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I now have a 2012 jetta sportwagen (base model), and love it. The bluetooth works for calls, contacts and call log on my samsung fascinate (custom android 2.2), it also plays music through the stereo, but I can't get the skip buttons on the car to change the songs on the phone.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Samsung Transform is a big poopy...

it connected fine at first, maybe the first week. Now it freezes up my phone, I can't see the screen, can't dial, nothing. i turned off the blue tooth music sync thing hoping that would make a difference, but it didn't.

:BS jaw drops
After using my bluetooth more with my verizon samsung galaxy running 2.2 I have discovered that every few days the bluetooth crashes and stops connecting to the car. The best fix I have found is to turn off bluetooth on the phone, reboot it, then turn the bluetooth back on, after which the bluetooth connects to the car automatically. I'm going to look for an app to automate this process on a nightly basis while I'm sleeping. If I am successful I will post further details.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have just upgraded to the 9W7 module and now finally have audio streaming however I thought that I'd now have control over the music player through the head unit/steering wheel controls and also have the music info displayed on the head unit. Is something wrong, or is maybe my iPhone 4S not completely compatible with those features?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts