VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chitty and Everyone:

I just installed the 9w7 in my 2010 jetta TDI wagon. I did not vag come the module so I am using the overhead console phone button for voice command. Had a little trouble loading my phone book as I had to do this individually but finally got it using the "send this card" option on my phone. I wanted to change some of the tags on the car phone book as some have mobile when it is home or vice versa etc. and I wanted to take a number or two out that i loaded in.

I cannot figure how to delete names from my phone book. The 9w7 did not come with a manual. The 2011 phone manual I got from the dealer for the Tiguan is worthless.

Finally I followed the directions I found here or somewhere for the 9w3 which said to press and hold the microphone button, then say "delete name" and the system will ask "name please" and then speak the name and it will be deleted. This does not work AT ALL.

Does anybody know how to do this. I did not vag com this 9w7 so i am using the overhead phone button instead of the steering wheel button but everything else seems to be working fine.

Was the fact I did not vag com the unit now causing me not to be able to delete the names in the phone directory?

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks

martin

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Is there an option in the instrument cluster menu? It shouldn't be related to the steering wheel button not being active. It should still work the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9w7 module

Hi Chitty:

I went to "settings", then "phone book", then "update" and clicked on "OK" button and the response was "phone book not fully updated".
That would seem to be the place. Hopefully someone here has tried this.
I have an ATT pantech Matrix phone. There is also a "list" option but no list comes up there to add or delete anything.

thanks

martin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9w7 module

I spoke to a VW sales guy in Virgina who blogs on the net and he said my 9w7 phone issue may be because it is not an A2DP phone. My ATT store disagrees and says it may simply be that my ATT Pantech Matrix phone is just not enough high tech.

I simply cannot find anyway to delete the phone book or even the profile. It allows another phone to be paired and another profile but I have been all over this 9w7 and i am fearing my phone book is hopelessly stuck in my car.

Help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem, 2011 Golf. It paired and synced very nicely but I had over 500 contacts and wanted to get rid of some. I deleted for the phone and "Updated" but the deleted ones are still in the cars phone book. I tried deleting the phone ane pairing again but they remain. I tried to "return to factory defaults" but the phone book and call history don't reset.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deleting Numbers

My guess is that you need to delete them on the phone and that the car blue tooth cannot do it because the numbers are just read by the 9w7 and not permanently downloaded into the car.

That being said on my old phone, which would not sync the phone book changes to the car, I was able to transfer each number individually by sending the number from the SIM card to the phone directory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Contacts

I found what my problem was. On my phone there are 2 phone books. The regular one and the one that is saved to the SIM card. The car syncs and displays the SIM card. I saved my edited contacts to the SIM contacts and all was good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SIM card

Yes. I remember that as well. On my new phone I had to put the little icons on the SIM phone directory for house, work, business etc. so it would show up on the car's phone book and I remember doing one book for the "SIM" and one for the "outlook". My SIM was scaled down AND I put the symbols in as well. This way it will prompt you after you say "dial number" to "call martin at home"? "call martin at work"? Then say "yes" or "call"

One suggestion if I may, I would also do the voice tag on all people rather than use the computerized voice. It works much better but you really need to do the tagging in a quiet area and enunciate the name clearly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Importing my phonebook from BB to VW

I have a 2011 Jetta and the Bluetooth is connected and working but I cant seem to figure out to link my phonebook from my BlackBerry to the car. I know there is an option to transfer SIM phonebook but its making sense how I do that. I am able to get as far as SIM phonebook in the options section on my BB but then Global Support is the only thing that shows up. Even when Im in my car and the Bluetooth is connected that is the only option I see. Where should I go from there? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have had this car for almost 6 months and have struggled with this from day 1 :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth phone book download

I have a 2011 Golf TDI wagon(canadian) which apparently is the same as a 2011 Jetta TDI wagon in states. Previously I had a Samsung phone which hooked and functioned perfectly with car radio. Phone quit so I now have Samsung Gio which hooks up and works but it will not download phone book. VW blames Samsung and Samsung blames VW. I am technically challanged :(( and not sure where to go from here. Enjoy the site and posts. Help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts