VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can buy the 9w3 bluetooth to replace my Volk-L (9w2) in my 09 TDI Jetta. I have heard that the 2010s are coming already installed with the 9w3 bluetooth. The Volk-L is good but I want to be able to call out and us the MFD to place calls.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fiscon Option

Hi:

I have another thread going on this. The deal is that the TDI 2010 wagons get the 9w2 and sedans get the 9w3. I remember Chitty saying the 9w3 is a factory installed item and it is expensive to pull one out and refit it. I am not sure you can even buy the 9w3. I would like to know as well as I have no voice command or phone book or call list functions in the 9w2.

Kufatech Company in Califormaia is a subsidiary of a German Company that sells the Fiscon pro that gives you all functions of the 9w3 as a retrofit BUT no voice command. It appears on the cluster and radio/nav.

See my thread where I have programmed my phone for speed dial for voice command. I hit one button and can activate the bluetooth int he car once my voice command thru ATT initiates the call. Other wise its $568.00 plus shipping, plus install costs for the fiscon.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I haven't seen the part number but I believe that it's more than just plug-play a module. It's a factory installed option and although I'll bet you could buy it at a later time, it would probably be so expensive that most will buy aftermarket retrofits.

Worst case, the wiring harness will even be different. VW does dumb stuff like having different wiring harnesses for small differences in optional equipment instead of having the same wiring harnesses with a few unused plugs. I would think having less parts = less inventory but I guess they've figured out a way to make the numbers work.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There's no way to know what they have planned for 2011. Maybe they'll put it on the GTD...when pigs fly, LOL. It is certainly annoying considering the small price difference between the Jetta and Golf.

·
Registered
37 Posts
from browsing forums and blogs the GTD is supposed to come, it probably depends on the success of the Golf and pricing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so after doing some scoping on the internet, I have found that the part number for the new 9w3 BT is 1Z0035729 and there is a "B" model and "C" model. I have put in a request at my local dealer for the part and still waiting for a call back.

·
Registered
102 Posts
9w3 as a "part"

Great detective work. Please let us know what this "part" costs and whether it is available to US dealers and the difference between the B and C. I have a good guy in the philly area who can do these installs for less than the dealer charges. If this now gives the car voice command and the phone book contact lists and all cell phone call functions on the head unit and cluster then were golden!

The most inportant issue for my install guy is a good set of instructions and some VW technical support if things get funky. Please keep us posted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts