VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member as well and I have 2 TDI's the one is a 97 Jetta I've had for 2 years and I've done several repairs on ( timing belt, w/p, and finally replaced the engine @245K
now it runs great and averages 51 MPG, I do get a flashing engine oil light from time to time with
no real pattern to it. sometimes it's when I first take off with it and sometimes it's after I've driven for 100 miles.
I have to shut it down and restart it to get it to stop! O yes i've tried to find the source but all seems well with it but the light and beep! I live in west central Minnesota
My other TDI is a 02 Jetta that I'm doing some required repairs on, TB, WP etc.
CD Sales

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Have you checked the oil temp sensor? There are 2 oil sensors on top of the oil filter housing. Maybe you have a loose sensor there. My sensor actually went bad and started leaking through the top of the sensor where the tab sticks out.

Post moved to mk3 section because it's more of a technical question.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is going to sound stupid but did you check the oil level? If the engine was rebuilt is there somewhere which has low oil pressure? The oil pump is driven by the intermediate shaft off the timing belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah i get that problem with me 95 passat 1z, not looked into it apart from checking the oil, i just thought it would be a dodgy sender, i know its not much help, duncan newcastle england

·
Registered
35 Posts
your oil pump may be dying, though it usually takes a while. When the light won't go off you will need to change the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts