VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Un-freaking-believable! I wasn't sure if I was going to hit it or not, bat as soon as I rolled into my parking spot, 700.0 miles indicated! Yes the fuel light is on, and I will be filling up on the way home. The fuel light didn't come on until well into my trip to work this morning and it's 15-20 miles to the rest stop (where I buy fuel) on the Atlantic City Expressway where I saw that diesel was $3.45 per gal. The last time I got fuel was Sunday of last week, this car is just awesome! I am so glad I went this direction for a daily driver/commuter car....perfect choice and it's still German! Screw you Prius! LOL!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Welcome to diesel! If only more people actually knew the facts about these cars, they would be much more popular. Hopefully VW will start advertising their cars...that is, once they get here!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Did you finish the 5th gear swap? I sold my 5th gear to someone on the vwvortex, I think a average price is $90 shipped-$150 shipped.

I don't hate the prius, I hate smug prius drivers. Before the prius got big, I knew someone who bought a prius and it was seen as a fun toy. After the prius got big, it was seen as a rather blank statement.

Getting 700 miles/tank is not making a "statement", it's just the facts! I did see a Jetta covered, literally all over, with stickers on the paint. There were about 30 stickers on the car saying veggie powered, miles/gallon, etc. Worst of all, some of the stickers were peeled off and the car was filthy. That's a "statement".

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have not done the 5th gear swap yet. I can't wait to see the difference in mpg. I had to fuel up on the way home after work today. The last time I got fuel was 8 days ago! It's getting harder to remember where I purchased fuel the last time!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Advancing your timing, will help you do more mpg"s, too,,, once you get to know your tdi more and follow suggestions from fellow tdiers like I have, you will even do better mpg,, 700 miles it is a big acomplishment, but there is always room to do better in these cars,, Congratulation and keep it up

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Be glad that you didn't get an automatic, they get lower mileage, more noise, and from what I hear, the automatic transmission is more prone to breakdown than the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts