VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when do you think its going to happen? I believe that it will be later rather than sooner because such high prices will stem demand. Then again, prices spike during the summer and premium unleaded is $4.30.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
This summer. With record oil prices, even if it goes down a little, the probability is just too high. $6 diesel, probably not, my prediction is $4.50. Gas will hit $5 if you're talking about premium grade.

J

·
0 Posts
I highly doubt $6/gallon diesel this year. Remember that gas and diesel are close in price during the summer and gas used to be higher. The demand for heating oil in winter spikes the price and the new USLD raised the price. Plus, if you do some quick estimates, a TDI still saves money until diesel is over $6, assuming $4/gallon gas and average gas mileage. By that time, gas will be higher too.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Who went on a trip this weekend? Who was glad that they have a TDI? I predict all time highs for gas prices, even with decreased demand.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I like motorcycles and scooters but I won't use one as a commuter. They are too dangerous. It only takes 1 careless driver to swipe you and you are dead. Talk with long time riders and they all know someone who lost a leg or their life. Not worth saving any amount of money, IMO. If you want to have fun, go for it, but don't do it to save money. It's like drafting a tractor trailer - you save money on fuel but lose money on rock chips, cracked windshields, and the increased risk.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
2nd, the reason why I got a TDI and not a prius is because that's what I wanted, from what I hear, mileage is about equal, it depends on your driving style and city/highway.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
This summer. With record oil prices, even if it goes down a little, the probability is just too high. $6 diesel, probably not, my prediction is $4.50. Gas will hit $5 if you're talking about premium grade.
What are you talking about, diesel is already $5/gallon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts