VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reviewing the 5th gear swap thread. I need a picture on the selector assembly with the three locks and clip ring shown assembled from the transmission side. The other side (outside) is shown in the to do. Can someone post or e-mail me one?:confused:

Thanks,

Tony

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sping clip position

Chitty: Does the spring clip go over or under the horizontal partrusion of the lock keys? In other words, does the spring clip fit flush against the hub on the back side?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spring clip holds the 3 locks in place. I forget exactly how it fits.
Thanks, I suppose I'll find out when the new assembly shows up as I ordered one. That clip can go one of two ways on the back side, either above the horizontal tabs on the three locks or below. My gut tells me that because the brass syncro ring is located on the back, the lock ring must go below those tabs. Maybe when I get the new assembly, I'll post a photo of it (if it comes fully assembled).

Tony

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spring clip on the back side goes all the way against the face of the hub under the horizontal tabs of the three lock inserts. Car is back together and 5th is back to normal. :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts