VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got word from the dealer the 55 K costs >500. Consists of air and pollen filter, oil change, filter change, ad blue top up. And a check on the computer
Unless one has a vagcom equivalent, can't check the computer

I plan on DIY but what exactly is the significance of a computer check? Plug and see the error codes? Damn, that doesn't cost 300!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The normal charge to plug in a scan tool and give you the codes is around $50-70 at dealers or garages. Auto parts stores normally do it for free. I don't know if you saw the post but I spoke with the head Audi mechanic at a local dealer and he said that the Audi Q7 TDI was on its 3rd software update which is why you should be able to add fluid without the low level warning incorrectly coming up. These sorts of things are updated during regular service. You could ask them if there are any outstanding service or software updates.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Got word from the dealer the 55 K costs >500. Consists of air and pollen filter, oil change, filter change, ad blue top up. And a check on the computer
Unless one has a vagcom equivalent, can't check the computer

I plan on DIY but what exactly is the significance of a computer check? Plug and see the error codes? Damn, that doesn't cost 300!
Don't forget that you have 9 qts of +$8/qt oil, plus all those filters and labor. I can see an easy >$500 for the dealer to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts