VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am out of prepaid (nothing is free) maintenance at the dealership. Just did my own 55K oil change and filter change. How does one reset the "Service due" light? Do I need a VAGCOM for this?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I believe you do since all the Audi's I've had required VCDS to reset the service light. I don't know much about the Q7, does the owner's manual say anything? You can also change the service light interval to 9999 or something, the max value, to set the light for the maximum interval.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
the best thing is go to your dealer and ask one of those younger guys that work at quick lube sections they will let you know the trick if there is another way to do it without scanner.

- looks like it will have to be done with the scanner! Engineers probably assumed that if you can drive Q7. you most likely wouldn't be the type of person to go under the car and change your own oil, and would let the dealer take care of the business.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:+1 Or, now that you are out of warranty, perhaps you should find a good indy VW/Audi shop and while visiting to get acquainted they would almost certainly reset it for you -- since the shop would see you as a future customer!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts