VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is aka the jetta sportwagen, I priced it out in 4motion...about 27,000 Euros, this is about $40,000 US!

:eek2:

I guess it's not possible to take factory delivery and then import them that way...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
You couldn't import a foriegn car unless it's identical to a US car - emissions, safety, even the little things such as safety stickers. Canada is another story, any car older than 15 years old can be imported with some limitations.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
You can always import the parts separately and assemble as a kit or just import the engine and drivetrain and cut/weld the body of your existing car. I'd rather swap a TDI engine into an audi then spend all the money on that mod

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, I've heard of BMW and Volvo factory delivery but I guess a European delivery vacation is a too much for a $25,000 car.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Don't forget euro taxes, they jack up the price a lot. If they had a golf variant 4motion, it wouldn't be more expensive than a passat 4motion. My guess is high 20s, maybe 30 loaded.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
They already sell the jetta and golf, I see no reason why they shouldn't sell the jetta 4motion and golf 4motion. The only other competitor in this price range is Subaru and some people don't want a Subaru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts