VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is how many out have that many miles, and I have never taken off the valve cover, always did the timing belt, original cam, clutch, still runs really well, done suspension a couple times, new wheel bearings all around, just hate to mess with things if running good, or am I headed towards trouble not replacing cam and such? Body is not pretty , but fuel milage for my 136 mile daily commute is great. I do all work myself. Do I leave well enough alone…

·
Registered
11 Posts
My opinion is to leave it alone. It is apparently serving you well and at this point is "worth" nothing in terms of monetary value (trade-in) on a replacement car. It is not a collector car and at best would offer someone a parts car.

I would run it until it dies.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My opinion is to leave it alone. It is apparently serving you well and at this point is "worth" nothing in terms of monetary value (trade-in) on a replacement car. It is not a collector car and at best would offer someone a parts car.

I would run it until it dies.
Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with rocky. If it runs great dont mess with it. Mine hasn't even crossed 200K yet but the passat B5.5 had cam issues so I replaced those as well as the followers and it works great. I am waiting for the transmission to go out so I can swap it with a manual and get the mileage you guys with Jettas get. Currently I can only get about 30-35mpg.

I have cleaned the intake, New timing belt and pulleys, new air filter every 20K, change oil every 10K. So far so good and being a wagon it hauls stuff like an SUV but much easier to drive than SUV.

Enjoy the car as much as you can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had almost 400k on my 09 JSW (CBEA) when I sold it (because I found a sweet deal on an ‘11 A3 TDI I couldn’t pass up).
Original clutch, wheel bearings twice, suspension twice. Brakes a few times. Timing belts on schedule. Dealer oil and filters on schedule. No delete. No tune. Always used high end parts. Body was flawless.

I’d expect it to go another 400K if I kept doing the same thing. Hope the new owner keeps ot up and gets it close to the 1,000,000 mile mark.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have never cleaned the intake on mine, wondering if the oil (pentosin) every 10,000 miles and power service in every tank has actually helped for the longevity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same for me - never cleaned the intake.
But I did get a new one under my dieselgate warranty at around 300k due to a P2015 code. I let them give me a new intake under warranty and installed the Dieselgeek bracket on the new one so it would never fail.

·
Premium Member
03 Jetta. Nothing special. 380k miles
10 Posts
My 03 Jetta has about 385k and continues to start when I turn the key. I’d take it anywhere. I still get about 43 ish mpg mostly highway. I fix what breaks and am a bit anal on timing belt and oil changes. It’s an ugly baby; headliner drooping and some rust. The interior is otherwise nice. I cleaned the intake manifold when I got it at 203k. I think the highway driving prevents that malady. I’ll keep driving it until the rust let’s the outside in. There’s no better value than a reliable used car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts