VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I took-delivery of a new 2011 Golf TDI/DSG on Sept 04, 2010. The dealer told me that the first service was at 3k miles and that it was very, very important.:BS The next would be at 10k and then every 10k miles. I jst check the owners manual maintenance booklet and there is no mention of a 3k miles service. Has anyone else heard of this. Thanks, John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I took-delivery of a new 2011 Golf TDI/DSG on Sept 04, 2010. The dealer told me that the first service was at 3k miles and that it was very, very important.:BS The next would be at 10k and then every 10k miles. I jst check the owners manual maintenance booklet and there is no mention of a 3k miles service. Has anyone else heard of this. Thanks, John
Hmmm, I just took delivery a few days ago and the dealer, whom I trust, said the first service/oil change was at 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
I've heard it happens in the States some dealers offer a free service but I've never heard of it in the UK. As you say the first service can be 10k or 20k if you have the longlife options. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was offered a free check at 5000 miles or 90 days. Since I was leaving for a long road trip I took it. They checked my car, did the BCM Software Upgrade and told me all was fine. I hear some dealers try to convince you that you need an early oil change (at your cost) but there was none of that BS with mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was offered a free check at 5000 miles or 90 days...
yeah, i'm hoping what that service dept. was talking about was the "Complimentary Check-Up", which I just went for...then they told me the (first) next oil change would be 10K or next year...with the amount of driving I'll get to that in a few weeks :p (100mi/day on rt 80E & W)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.