VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I took-delivery of a new 2011 Golf TDI/DSG on Sept 04, 2010. The dealer told me that the first service was at 3k miles and that it was very, very important.:BS The next would be at 10k and then every 10k miles. I jst check the owners manual maintenance booklet and there is no mention of a 3k miles service. Has anyone else heard of this. Thanks, John

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's very, very important to their bottom line. If they're paying for it, why not. If you're paying for it, then let them explain WHY it's so important.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I took-delivery of a new 2011 Golf TDI/DSG on Sept 04, 2010. The dealer told me that the first service was at 3k miles and that it was very, very important.:BS The next would be at 10k and then every 10k miles. I jst check the owners manual maintenance booklet and there is no mention of a 3k miles service. Has anyone else heard of this. Thanks, John
Hmmm, I just took delivery a few days ago and the dealer, whom I trust, said the first service/oil change was at 10,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
I've heard it happens in the States some dealers offer a free service but I've never heard of it in the UK. As you say the first service can be 10k or 20k if you have the longlife options. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was offered a free check at 5000 miles or 90 days. Since I was leaving for a long road trip I took it. They checked my car, did the BCM Software Upgrade and told me all was fine. I hear some dealers try to convince you that you need an early oil change (at your cost) but there was none of that BS with mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was offered a free check at 5000 miles or 90 days...
yeah, i'm hoping what that service dept. was talking about was the "Complimentary Check-Up", which I just went for...then they told me the (first) next oil change would be 10K or next year...with the amount of driving I'll get to that in a few weeks :p (100mi/day on rt 80E & W)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I plan on taking my new TDI in for the free inspection and am happy to pay for the first oil and filter change. Many say it us not required, but will make me feel better. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts