VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the passat is new to me in the last three months. recently when going through a curve the esp/asr activates. i'm not flying around the curve, and certainly am way under what would start to feel like breaking away. the pavement is dry when experiencing the issue. what i am wondering is if there is something wearing out that is on the verge of breaking. i had a jetti for five years and never experienced anything like this. should i be concerned? is there something i should look for?

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
You should be concerned but in the same light, it isn't something that is going to fail suddenly. It is most likely a sensor fault of some kind.

Certainly, something is wrong that could causes ESP/ESR/ABS to not work properly when you need them to. You should scan for DTC's (fault codes) with VCDS or a VAS scanner (VW dealer) as a generic OBD2 scanner will not show non OBD2 DTC's such as ESP/ESR/ABS codes.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
The ESP/ASR will activate on dry roads the same as wet.

As suggested:

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Car: 2010 but which model?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the passat is new to me in the last three months. recently when going through a curve the esp/asr activates. i'm not flying around the curve, and certainly am way under what would start to feel like breaking away. the pavement is dry when experiencing the issue. what i am wondering is if there is something wearing out that is on the verge of breaking. i had a jetti for five years and never experienced anything like this. should i be concerned? is there something i should look for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts