VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10a fuse that blows now and again. When it does it will throw 6 different codes- charge air cooler coolant pump control circuit low, coolant pump 'C' control circuit low, fuel pressure reg 'a' control circuit open, fuel press reg 'b' control circuit/open, oil pressure reg valve short circuit to ground, cylinder head coolant valve short circuit to groud.
It seems to me that if I were going to attemp repairs I should start with the two devices that say are shorting to ground( oil press reg valve and cyl head coolant valve). A short to ground is going to blow a fuse for sure. That's my thinking anyway. It may not be both but may as well replace them both and see if that does the trick( my thought process).
I'm not exactly sure where these two parts are or what they look like. If anyone has a diagram/picture/directions that might show me I would be most grateful.
I know there are service companies that I can subscribe to get the manual but I'm not sure which is the best one. I'm not sure they would show me what I need anyway.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Robert

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

I've added to the title as the model doesn't mean much.

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The codes I have: P023B00, P26F500, P009000, P229400, P165F00, P199D00, P16C600. All this after I saw the glow plug start to flash and I pulled over to replace the blown fuse. I had previously cleared all the same codes that were stored from the last couple of times it happened because I wanted to be sure it was all coming from the most recent event.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
The codes I have: P023B00, P26F500, P009000, P229400, P165F00, P199D00, P16C600. All this after I saw the glow plug start to flash and I pulled over to replace the blown fuse. I had previously cleared all the same codes that were stored from the last couple of times it happened because I wanted to be sure it was all coming from the most recent event.
What was that scanned with has there are 2 many 0's on those EODB II error codes?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we just got a recall for the sunroof leaks( which we have had the last couple of years although I think it is the seal between the roof rack and the roof) so when we take it in to the dealer I will have them scan the codes and give them to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
A dealer diagnostic scan is expensive. In the UK is £70 with a printout of the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts