VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a car with 450,000 Km on it. I have purchased as I like to work on cars every now and then. After a full-service everything seemed fine until I got a message on the instrument cluster which said oil pressure stop engine. The oil temperature ranges from 100-116 degrees Celcius. I was looking for some advice before I pull the sump cover off.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies Keith, I should have read the Rules and Guidelines. I have checked and found no errors for the engine control unit. The car drives fine with plenty of power. The error had popped up three times on the instrument cluster and it says "Oil Pressure Stop Engine". I have changed engine oil recently when I bought the car and the oil was DPF compatible. I am concerned that if the oil pump fails then it blow the motor. Any help or suggestion appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
I have checked and found no errors for the engine control unit. The car drives fine with plenty of power. The error had popped up three times on the instrument cluster and it says "Oil Pressure Stop Engine". I have changed engine oil recently when I bought the car and the oil was DPF compatible. I am concerned that if the oil pump fails then it blow the motor. Any help or suggestion appreciated.
Check with error codes from what with VAG-COM\VCDS or a generic scanner? DPF compatible oil which? You don't say the mileage. There is a problem with oil pump drives as said. Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts. Or google it this.

You need to check the oil pressure with a good oil pressure gauge not to go by the warning lights.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 12/2012-12/2014, Model: Passat/4Motion/Variant, Engine Code: CFGC, 130Kw, 177PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts