VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEllo this is kind of a weird issue if i might say so myself. My key fob has been working fine but all of a sudden when i get up in the AM and i try to Remote start my car it wont react to the key fob. I have even just tried to lock and unlock and nothing happends. if i walk out to car and unlock by grabbing the handle then i shut the door it will work fine but not in the am after it has been parked all night in my driveway? Anyone else have this issue as well? Also I'm looking for the outer case to one of my key fobs it has the remote start and i cant find anyone or anywhere just to get the shell so i can replace the guts. A simple silicone cover will work but i cant even find that everything i find is the whole keyfob Assembly.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Along with your other posts.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Along with your other posts.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Sorry for that i have made a formal introduction now if you need anything else please let me know im eager to learn and play with my TDI...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i got two key fobs with my 2013 Passat SEL TDi and only one will work when trying to lock and unlock.. The key will let you open the car if it is on your body and you pull handle it will also allow you to use the push start but the buttons are not working. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Also im looking for another key fob outer shell for the one that works the buttons are all messed up and it is no longer water proof so i need to replace outer shell I have the remote start function and it seems to be impossible to find a shell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts