VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Passat TDI SE auto trans
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just started using my heater for the cooler weather and it is only blowing warm air out of the 2 left side vents. The 2 right side vents are blowing out cold air. Has anyone else had this problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@puguchi3 I've had this same issue multiple times. Both times my heater core was plugged up. Happened twice within the same year. There is a vw extended warranty on this item if I'm not mistaken. My local dealership replaced my heater core twice under the same warranty. I've attached the TSB below

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I have had this problem twice with my 2015 TDI SEL. I had to completely remove the dash and structural support frame behind the dash. Its a huge job.

If you have heat on one side and not the other, its most likely the electric motors that move the air vents/ flappers. The cheap flappers VW uses fail early and dont last. I have replaced all (4 motors - defrost, LHS, RHS and Center) but the motor that controls the recirculation vent.

The other item to check are the temp sensors. There are 4 sensors if I recall correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts