Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may come in handy in the near future...welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the future is getting closer based on other threads I've read...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the future is getting closer based on other threads I've read...

$400 off MSRP

I picked up a 2012 Passat TDI SEL today. I actually put money down on it last Sunday and just got back in town to pick it up.... Here in Cincy we had two in town that were on loys to be sold. I was told by all local dealers if I ordered it would be early next year before it would come in. Also told orders were being placed at full MSRP right now but I never talked about ordering one in

So me deal was $400 off MRSP. I was hoping for $500 but right now these cars are in such demand I was kinda surprised they came off sticker at all right now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
CarQuotes.com states this as the invoice price for 2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof & Nav: Base Invoice = $28,268. MSRP = $29,495.
Has anyone heard/seen different? I'm not in the habit of blindly believing.

In a nutshell CarQuotes is offering $802 off MSRP. Not sure I can find a better deal in the short term.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a 2012 and may not see till 2012

I ordered a 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium Opera Red Metallic / Beige Leather and was told 6 to 10 weeks that was on 9/3/11 now they say it may be longer like the end of Dec. I should have know the price was to good $31,461 with Spoiler and luggage net.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium Opera Red Metallic / Beige Leather and was told 6 to 10 weeks that was on 9/3/11 now they say it may be longer like the end of Dec. I should have know the price was to good $31,461 with Spoiler and luggage net.
2012 TDI SEL Premium
MSRP $32,195
Monster Mats only option added $590
Destination charge $770

Total MSRP $33,564

Again..... Only received 400 off that price, but then again Cincinnati only had two Premiums in town.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Local dealer offered me $1000 off MSRP on any 2012 Jetta or Passat. Have it in writing, but didn't seal the deal due to a jacked-up trade in offer of $5800 (very clean 2006.5 Special Edition with 180K). I said pound sand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
2012 TDI SEL Premium
Monster Mats only option added $590
Interesting... on a TDI SE w/Sun & Nav, I was quoted monster mats, trunk liner & first aid kit for $270. What sucks is they are 'port installed', are on the window sticker and therefore cannot be removed. And if that's not bad enough, if you order a vehicle and specifically omit those addons, it can further delay your order (so says the Sales gal). What a joke, as these items are merely tossed in the trunk.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Local dealer offered me $1000 off MSRP on any 2012 Jetta or Passat. Have it in writing, but didn't seal the deal due to a jacked-up trade in offer of $5800 (very clean 2006.5 Special Edition with 180K). I said pound sand.
Was the 1000 off based on having a trade?
They never seem to offer much on trade-ins.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was unconditional.
I guess I would have taken the deal on the new car and sell my old car myself for a better price...but that's just me. That is, if I really wanted a new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same trim, same colors, but $32250 with the trunk liner instead of Spoiler and net. That makes it about $1000 under MSRP, $500 over invoice.

Ordered in July, also being told end of December (in particular, to be built third week of November, so delivery end of December -- probably will be built in the same batch as yours).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Waiting for 2012 Passat

Ordered a 2012 Passat SEL Premium TDI with heavy duty rubber mats and cargo net. $36,621.94 out the door.
Now I am counting the days. +/- 90 days per the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
500 off MSRP and I think we're lucky to have driven away with it after hearing the bleak outlook on getting any more of these...

Love the car, wife is thrilled. Was afraid it wouldn't have the VW "feel" being made in TN, but it's very refined and love the gadgets.

I'm 6'8" and it fits me quite nicely, better than our '05 ever did. And the back seat is VAST.

LAX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delivery time

Ordered 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium, Blue / beige on Sept 26. Waiting impatiently.
How long have other people had to wait after submitting order?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I had to call around to at least 10 VW dealerships until I found a place with one TDI SEL Premium left black on beige. I told them to hide the keys as I was on my way to pick it up. Paid 31,781.00 + tax, license and a extended warranty.

Before going in I happened to checkout truecar.com and I found that the dealership had the lowest price for the SEL Premium, supposedly $50 off invoice. Either way I think I got a good price.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts