VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time finding the instructions for the timing belt replacement. My jetta is at 110k and I am prepping for what I know is going to be needed soon. I bought the kit from Dieselgeek now I am trying to find the no kidding instructions (not the youtube version.) I ve watched it and it most good (I like shortcuts) but I need to read it also as not all the videos answer the questions I might have. Big question is I ve seen this changed without the alignment tools by using the old belt as a guide, painting index marks on the old belt and laying it over the new one and painting it to match. Thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am having a hard time finding the instructions for the timing belt replacement. My jetta is at 110k and I am prepping for what I know is going to be needed soon. I bought the kit from Dieselgeek now I am trying to find the no kidding instructions (not the youtube version.) I ve watched it and it most good (I like shortcuts) but I need to read it also as not all the videos answer the questions I might have. Big question is I ve seen this changed without the alignment tools by using the old belt as a guide, painting index marks on the old belt and laying it over the new one and painting it to match. Thoughts?
Try this You Tube link really good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts