VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
That could be anything and they don't release video without strictly knowing what's being shot in their studio. Not an accident but doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's smart marketing - "leak" an unauthorized sneak peak. German cars are about evolution, not revolution.

Chittychittybangbang, what's the thoughts behind this?
While this is just total speculation based on past Golf and because the Golf is new for 2010, the Golf could stay Euro only for 2012 with a 2013-2014 introduction to the North American market. Europe had the mk4 Golf for 2 years before the US. They also had the mk5 Golf for 3 years before it was sold in the US. They even still build the mk4 Golf for non US markets.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Exactly, it's speculation. It's too early to know anything other than VW's stated goals:

To bring the next Golf early so that they can make it cheaper. Target 2012. This could mean model year 2013. This is just my best guess. It could be a refinement of the current chassis with cosmetic and assembly differences or a just change in sheet metal/changing expensive features like disc brakes to cheaper rear drum brakes, cheaper instrument cluster, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the next Jetta coming in 2011, what are the specs on it? All I can find are test mules with no details.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like it! The round headlights of the pre 2010 cars was just too Japanese economy car looking. The 2010s look much wider and aggressive, the sharp headlights look good too. German cars = more evolutionary changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts