VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the intake manifold and flap motor. I did the adaption procedure for the intake runner. Car will not start. Purged the fuel system 5-6 times. Turns over fine. Here's the last set of codes (non-VCDS scan, didn't have my cable with me, used cheap bluetooth OBD-II scanner) I had prior to replacing the intake manifold/flap motor. 2004/2006 cleared prior to adapting the intake/motor. 2BA6 remains, I'm hoping once I figure out the no-start issue, this goes away with a nice long drive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Volkswagen
VIN: 3VWPL7AJ8CM658430

============1==============
P2BA6
Raw code: 2BA6
ECU: Engine control unit

============2==============
P2006
Raw code: 2006
OBDII: Intake manifold air control actuator, bank 1 - actuator stuck closed

============3==============
P2004
Raw code: 2004
OBDII: Intake manifold air control actuator, bank 1 - actuator stuck open

============4==============
Raw code: 2BA6
ECU: 01. Engine control unit
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request

============5==============
Raw code: 1A58
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request

============6==============
Raw code: 2006
Volkswagen: P247A00: Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range Bank 1 Sensor 3
Volkswagen: Intake manifold flap for bank 1 airflow control is closed

============7==============
Raw code: 2004
Volkswagen Arteon 2017-, Passat B8 / Passat CC B8 2014 - : P1CF100: Steuergerät für Momentenverteilung Allrad
Positionssensor Stellmotor nicht angelernt
Volkswagen CR Touareg 2017 - : B172F12: Front external activation
Short circuit to B
Volkswagen Transporter 2020; Crafter NF 2017 - 2019: B201CF1: Supply voltage
Movement sensor open circuit
Volkswagen: Intake manifold flap for bank 1 airflow control hangs open

· Premium Member
253 Posts
No. That’s my mistake.

What’s the back story on this? I mean, why did the car need the intake manifold and flap motor replaced? By flapper motor I assume you mean the ASV (Anti-Shudder Valve), correct?

· Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. That’s my mistake.

What’s the back story on this? I mean, why did the car need the intake manifold and flap motor replaced? By flapper motor I assume you mean the ASV (Anti-Shudder Valve), correct?
No, flapper motor is not the ASV - at least as I understand it. Flapper motor (again, as I understand it) is the motor that drives the intake runner flap inside the intake manifold. I was getting codes P2004/P2006 after fixing P2015 with the diesel geek repair. So I replaced the whole intake mani/flap motor assembly. The old unit is gummed up pretty good and the flap motor is junk.

The car ran and drove prior to the R&R of the intake mani/flap motor, but had codes P2004/P2006 and P2BA6/P1A58. The intake mani install is supposed to clear 2004/2006. 2004/2006 are not showing up, but the car isn’t running either. 2BA6/1A58 won’t clear until I can run the car so it’ll do a nox car regen.

· Premium Member
253 Posts
I got you. My mistake.
Totally had BRM engine on my mind when I asked you.
sincerely apologize.
Surprised this isn’t covered in the Diesel-gate scandal warranty?

· Registered
28 Posts
If the car was running prior to the repairs, logic says the problem is with the repair. Retrace your steps and systematically check everything that was removed/disconnected/replaced. In my maintenance experience, the key to solving a problem is to ask, what was the last thing that was done (by a human) in a system which has failed. This more often than not leads to the root cause of the problem.

· Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, turns out it was the fuel system - it wasn't priming I guess. I know I primed it at least 15x via VCDS, even cracked the lines at the injectors a few times to see fuel coming out there. Local german specialty shop put a vacuum to the lines, it fired right up. I couldn't be happier :). I'm $4k into this car, including the cost of the shop and a "new" OEM original color rear bumper and tail light, plus all the maintenance items and new tires. Bought it in limp mode, DPF and rear cat were clogged. Cleaned them (actually cleaned them, no deleting), replaced a pressure sensor, cleaned an O2 sensor, replaced the intake manifold and intake runner control motor. After getting it back from the shop, she's running great. No trouble codes, no lights on the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts