VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The JSW buying guide (a fantastic resource, by the way) suggests that 2012 Sportwagens will have keyless entry available. To wit:

KESSY: keyless access comes with the sunroof+nav package. This unlocks the car and enables the engine start button when you approach the car.

Is it possible that the buying guide is wrong about this? I haven't been able to find another source for this anywhere.

Adding to my suspicion is the absence of any mention of JSW Kessy in this thread:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f19/model-year-2012-tdi-jetta-golf-jsw-sportwagen-changes-differences-7183/

The askavwsalesguy blog post of May 1 lists that the following changes:

Jetta SW

• Creation of SE w/ sunroof trim
  • DELETE All packages & stand alone options
  • Creation of TDI® w/ sunroof trim
  • Creation of TDI® w/ Sunroof & Nav. trim
  • Media Device Interface (MDI) w/ iPod® cable,iTunes® tagging and HD radio standard on SE and TDI
Routan

• Kessy keyless entry and push button start
Is it possible that the Routan's Kessy feature got lumped in with the JSW changes? If so, there's no reason for my wife and I to delay our impending JSW purchase.

On the other hand, Kessy would be a huge deal for my family, and we'd love to try to snag a 2012 if keyless entry is available.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

edit: added link to thread

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
One thing against it is that the Sportwagen is still based off the mk5 platform. Even though the electronics were overhauled for 2010, there are still mk5 things on it like the door construction. Even though the front looks like the Golf, the fenders are actually slightly different. The headlights are the same though.

The Jetta also has KESSY as of the new 2011.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is kind of a non-sequitur, but I just wanted to say that I've found this site incredibly helpful. The buyer's guide was a great resource, and the various FAQs have supplied a huge amount of information I've been unable to find elsewhere.

Even this thread has been helpful--I can be confident that KESSY for the JSW in 2012 is an open question. Before, I thought I might not have all the information, and I'd hate to miss out on KESSY simply because I didn't find the right informaton. But since there apparently is no information (at the consumer/enthusiast level), I have no qualms about buying a 2011 JSW TDI.

I was especially impressed that the JSW buyer's guide has already been updated to reflect this uncertainty. Chittychittybangbang, I doff my hat!

Cheers,

Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Does NOT come with KESSY

I just purchased a 2012 JSW TDI with Sunroof & Nav. I asked the dealer if the premium package came with KESSY and it does not. The new Jetta sedan has it but not the JSW.

Thanks for all the great info on the site.

Joe

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 JSW TDI with Sunroof & Nav. I asked the dealer if the premium package came with KESSY and it does not. The new Jetta sedan has it but not the JSW.

Thanks for all the great info on the site.

Joe
Do you have the car in hand? I thought someone said it does come with KESSY if you get sunroof and nav.

·
Registered
12 Posts
one of the ones I looked at before I had to go out of town had it on a premium package in the jsw tdi. If I was not out of town for 2 weeks I would have it sitting in my driveway. So from what I saw the 2012's have kessy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2012 JSW Sunroof w/Nav I test drove two weeks ago had Kessy - I am pretty sure that trim includes it as part of the package. MRSP was 30,060 (or thereabouts).

I went Sunroof without the Nav as I was told it would be a while until I could get one with beige interior (most coming in with black, others already spoken for). Pick up my white one on Saturday. Am excited, although kinda wishing I had waited as I really like the Kessy feature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Stand Corrected... Premium Model Has KESSY.

My dealer told me it did not and then when I picked it up last thursday they told me it did have it.

My biggest complaint about the sales process (besides handing over the money or signing for the loan) has been the total lack of information regarding the 2012 JSW (except for this site). The dealers I worked with did not know what was in the 2012 models. The VW site still has the 2011 information, options and pricing while they have updated it for the Passat and new Jetta sedan and other 2012 models.

BTW.... I LOVE THE CAR!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question, is Kessy available on the 2.5 SE w/ Sunroof? I think it's not available but the website wasn't clear. From what I can gather, the SE doesn't have GPS or Kessy available; can someone confirm?

Thanks
--Turri.

By the way, great site. A lot of good ACCURATE info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question, is Kessy available on the 2.5 SE w/ Sunroof? I think it's not available but the website wasn't clear. From what I can gather, the SE doesn't have GPS or Kessy available; can someone confirm?

Thanks
--Turri.

By the way, great site. A lot of good ACCURATE info.
I believe that you can only get the KESSY with the navigation package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts