VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine turned off at 70 miles per hour on cruise control. No dash warning lights. I was able to safely pull to the shoulder on the interstate, popped the hood, nothing out of the ordinary. Checked the oil, radiator was fine. Tried to restart, engine cranked, but would not start. Had it towed to my home town shop and after 2 days, still has not been trouble shooted.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

How long is a piece of string?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Thread moved to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles as its not a mk4 question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
its possible ruber timing belt broke.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE - Just spoke with VW Dealership and it's the Turbocharger. Not sure on the repair cost but did ask is this a common repair at 157K miles on this year. They said no.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just spoke with VW Dealership and it's the Turbocharger.
I have same vehicle in Canada i know VW extended there emmissions
(warranty coverage on some of the emmision parts like ("DPF filter, EGR Valve, & Turbo.) so i would ask them if theres any coverage left on the turbo??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I am hoping for warranty coverage. The VW dealership has had the car for 10 days and is still waiting for the part!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts