VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post here because we are completely stumped and finding repair solutions for VWs is very difficult. One day the front wipers just stopped working on our car. My husband has been trying to research and repair this problem off and on for months. He's installed a new wiper motor, and moved around and added in fuses - he switched all of them for new. He's torn into the dash and under the hood and looked and looked for anything that could be the problem. Thanks to a very helpful person on this site we finally got a fuse diagram. But can not find a diagram for relays, and it seems this may be the problem. If anyone has specifically a RELAY diagram, not fuse diagram, that would be much appreciated. The motor is good, the back wipers are good, it's just the front wipers don't move when you turn on the switch for them. He doesn't think it's the wiper switch itself on the steering wheel. And it's too difficult a task to tear that entire thing apart and mess with the airbag and everything just to double check it, as we found out we would have to do. If anyone can offer any other guidance on what could be going wrong and how to fix it, we would be so grateful.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Keith,
Thank you very much for your reply. I do apologize if I was not following rules. I did not see any sort of “start here” posting that jumped out at me, and I was unaware of these rules or where they are in the forum. I suppose I also don’t understand the purpose of these forums in general maybe, I thought I was using it properly. All the forums I’ve used for other purposes have not had any requirements per se. But I didn’t really look around: I know what I needed so I was focused on that. I will ask my husband if he wants to peruse the forums and do a few posts of his own if there is anything he can help with but he doesn’t like writing things that’s why I’m on here not him and Lord knows I wouldn’t be any help. The Vag program we have needed a $300 update to work. So I don’t know if that’s going to happen. Thank you for your time, I suppose we will have to just live without wipers and use RainX instead lol.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
12 days later you still haven't made an intro which proves my point.

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Then members and existing members in this crap new forum layout hate me posting what I do.

That is why I'm not a mod anymore.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
12 days later you still haven't made an intro which proves my point.

Then members and existing members in this crap new forum layout hate me posting what I do.

That is why I'm not a mod anymore.
:mad:
Nah they hate you cause you are rude as hell and normally no help whatsoever

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Nah they hate you cause you are rude as hell and normally no help whatsoever
You can please yourself Dave I'm stating the bleeding obvious as you know from my other posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goodness I come on here to share the answer.... Ok- I did not make an intro post because I was not going to use the forum any longer, since I was not going to be able to follow these rules. I have always been able to post in any type of forum without any sort of long term commitment- this is all foreign to me. So I let the matter be with an apology. Again, when I signed up there were NO rules of this type listed, nothing to indicate there was any commitment, I had no idea where to start or what to do except to find the type of forum closest to the car I had and ask a question, hoping that someone else would have some sort of new ideas since VW keeps any and all info about their cars so secret and hard to obtain which is utterly ridiculous. I thought surely that meant that this was a place where I could find people who “got” that and wanted to help “the people” who this car is named for, so that those of us who absolutely can not afford to go to a dealership for anything ever can still fix their cars.
Now, since that is not the case, don’t worry, I will leave so I don’t risk picking up any more knowledge for free. But I will leave you with the answer that we found yesterday (since we had been out of town with family since the day after my original post and hadn't been able to further investigate). The problem was the Body Control Module. It is a black plastic box tucked up under the dash way back. My husband noticed it was getting hot when nothing else around was. So he researched what it was, took it out and opened it up. Sure enough there is one of the little box things on the computer-looking card thing that was completely burnt. So we are trying to find a replacement. Hopefully this helps someone else out there having this problem: this BCM evidently controls many electronics type things within the car, so it’s worth a try for blinkers, lights, door switches and stuff also.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Goodness I come on here to share the answer.... Ok- I did not make an intro post because I was not going to use the forum any longer, since I was not going to be able to follow these rules. I have always been able to post in any type of forum without any sort of long term commitment- this is all foreign to me. So I let the matter be with an apology. Again, when I signed up there were NO rules of this type listed, nothing to indicate there was any commitment, I had no idea where to start or what to do except to find the type of forum closest to the car I had and ask a question, hoping that someone else would have some sort of new ideas since VW keeps any and all info about their cars so secret and hard to obtain which is utterly ridiculous. I thought surely that meant that this was a place where I could find people who “got” that and wanted to help “the people” who this car is named for, so that those of us who absolutely can not afford to go to a dealership for anything ever can still fix their cars.
Now, since that is not the case, don’t worry, I will leave so I don’t risk picking up any more knowledge for free. But I will leave you with the answer that we found yesterday (since we had been out of town with family since the day after my original post and hadn't been able to further investigate). The problem was the Body Control Module. It is a black plastic box tucked up under the dash way back. My husband noticed it was getting hot when nothing else around was. So he researched what it was, took it out and opened it up. Sure enough there is one of the little box things on the computer-looking card thing that was completely burnt. So we are trying to find a replacement. Hopefully this helps someone else out there having this problem: this BCM evidently controls many electronics type things within the car, so it’s worth a try for blinkers, lights, door switches and stuff also.
Don't let that little man get under your skin. Thanks for posting what you found and please stick around.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Goodness I come on here to share the answer.... Ok- I did not make an intro post because I was not going to use the forum any longer, since I was not going to be able to follow these rules.
That proves my point.

So what are you all gripping about.

Its a very simple point I make.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

1 - 10 of 10 Posts