VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

New to the TDI community with a recent purchase of a 2012 VW Golf TDI. Big leap in technology from my 20 year old Ford!!

I am having some difficulty connecting to the bluetooth in my Golf with an RNS 315 nav. On startup for the telephone it says initializing but after a minute or so says the function is unavailable. Bluetooth settings are greyed out and cannot be selected.

The car seems loaded options wise (atleast by my standards!). Has leather, sunroof, nav, connector in console for phone, phone controls on the wheel, cluster shows nav, etc... Would bluetooth have been optional or standard on a Canadian 2012 Golf with this radio?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Are you using this method? If so and it's still not working you will likely need to use VCDS to check your long coding to ensure it's enabled

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even select the Bluetooth settings. It's greyed out and the cursor skips over it. I can grab a couple screenshots when I'm back in the car.

Brand new to VWs so I don't own a VCDS cable just yet but it is on my list of things to purchase for this car. Plan on keeping it around for a while!

I was really just curious if it was even an option to not get Bluetooth on this a 2012 Golf TDI in this trim which might explain why it's not initializing on startup and unable to select the Bluetooth settings. I would think for a 2012 Bluetooth should be standard on any car?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Bluetooth is standard with the RNS315 so it's either turned off in your long coding or there is an issue with the head unit.

On another subject- if you are thinking about getting a premium membership here don't. The site was sold to new owners here about 9 months back and they completely destroyed the functionality of it; including the WIKI and all the DIY articles. So don't waste your money on a premium membership as they are just taking your money and you won't get what you paid for.

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Have you updated the software with non OEM?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts