VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new news on this? I have seen some spy shots around but no details on specs. Will it look like the mk6 Golf? This is what I've gathered: larger and cheaper than the Jetta 5. Different platform from the Golf 6. Any confirmation that the Jetta will still get a TDI engine for 2011? This is a photoshop that I saw earlier:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-jetta-2011.html#more-20762
The spy shots so far don't show any details.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No but the rear taillights look like they're from an Audi. The NMS looks pretty good too. The NMS (the code name for the Passat replacement) will be bigger and have a TDI. I wonder why they didn't just call the NMS the Passat?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Because the NMS is not the Passat. The Passat may be discontinued in the US and replaced by the US built NMS. The difference is that it will be bigger and less refined. The Passat is a pretty refined car - they put a lot of time putting touches and quieting NVH. Hopefully the NMS won't take a step backwards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In any case it looks like the Jetta is taking a small step forwards to replace the space left by the Passat :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing - the side view mirrors are different than the mk6 golf. The "mk6" wagon still has the mk5 side view mirrors and the 2010 Jetta still has the mk5 side view mirrors.

The mirrors in the spy photos are different than both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts